Sunday 20 February 2011

Back To Work Tomorrow

My back is quite a bit better now, it isn't anywhere near as painful as it was when it first went - I still have to be careful getting up and down stairs, and when I first get up it is still painful, but I am okay to go back to work now so will be going in tomorrow. Never thought I would ever say this, but I'll be glad - I was sooo bored last week!

I should be okay to actually cook proper food as well, last week I was living off microwave dinners, takeaways, and sandwiches, and I can't half feel the difference... even though I don't have the heathiest diet in the world, I do at least usually eat a lot of fruit and veg. But with not being able to get out and buy the stuff, I haven't had any. As a result I'm lethargic, headachey, and feel run down - but I can get back to normal tomorrow and have got some kiwi fruit and strawberries to take to work with me. I am gonna try and get back on the healthy eating thing as well, I lost about 10 pounds before xmas just by cutting out fatty/sugary and processed food and felt a lot better for it. If I can do the same again, that should help a bit.

My sleep patterns should sort themselves out too, I am naturally nocturnal and with having a week off I have fallen into the habit of staying up later and sleeping in longer. I'm still only sleeping the same amount of time, but much later on. So getting up at 6am tomorrow will be a shock to the system! I'm on flexible hours, so could go in later if I wanted, but working a compressed week means I do four long days instead of five regular ones, so I would still need to be in by 9am. If my building was open 24 hours, I would happily work through the night instead - I used to work 10pm til 6am at one job many years ago and loved it. Ah well, I'm sure by the end of the week I will be used to getting up early again!

Good thing I have plenty of coffee to keep me going til then lol

No comments:

Post a Comment