Friday 18 February 2011

Facebook Friends

After reading and commenting on Stormy's blog post about facebook friends, I thought I should maybe take a proper look through mine and see who was really in there... hey, I'm bored and have a spare hour!

There are currently 151 names on my list, a couple of those are duplicates and four of them are friends pets, so probably around 144 actual people. I commented on Stormy's blog that I knew everyone on my list, I don't tend to go adding people just to bump up my numbers, and I also commented that they were mostly pagans with a few school / college / work friends as well.

So with nothing better to do, I went and counted them all up... some people could be either pagan friends or work friends, some could be school or work, but I've put them where they seemed most suited, or where I first met them.

Turns out I have 75 friends who are pagans based in the North West, who I have met while playing on the local pagan scene, so thats just over half the list already. A further 20 are pagans I have come across elsewhere, there are a fair few from UKPagan and other online sites, and the rest are mostly speakers we have had at PaganCon but who don't live locally.

Of the rest, there are 23 work mates (current and past), 7 school friends and 2 college friends. This surprised me, I didn't think I had so many work people on my friends list... nothing wrong with that of course, and they are all people I'm happy to talk to, but 23 seems like a lot. Especially when I compare it with only two friends from college, although to be fair to them both, they were the two people I spent the majority of my time with in my second year, so if I could have only picked two I would have chosen them anyway.

This leaves 17 people left over, including an old flatmate, a girl I used to go to Byron's and get wrecked with fairly regularly, two of the Saw Doctors (I have met them many times too, so they are eligible for being on my list!), some old friends I don't see any more for one reason and another, an ex-boyfriend (one of only two on my list, I had all the others shipped off to a remote island in the mid-Atlantic where they can think about what they did wrong), and a couple of random people who I may have added in my early facebook days but didn't really know... but I've kept them on cos I liked them :-)

I try and use facebook as a way of keeping in touch with everyone, in different ways depending who they are. There are some people I send regular messages to, some I post bits of trivia and comments on their walls, some I just play farmville with, and some I hardly speak to at all, but it is nice to see how they're doing. There isn't anyone on my list that I wouldn't be genuinely pleased to see if I bumped into them back in the real world, which incidentally is how I vet my friends requests lol

No comments:

Post a Comment