Friday 18 February 2011

Falling Out

So today I haven't done very much, my back isn't as painful as it was so I was able to venture out to the co-op and stock up on the essentials... cigarettes, cat food, maltesers, the stuff I can't do without :-) Then I spent most of the day lazing on the couch with the cats, watching stuff I'd recorded, including Goodfellas, House, American Dad and Due South.

A very ordinary day then, except for one thing... today is my brother's birthday, so he has been on my mind all day.

About 14 months ago now, xmas before last, there was some kind of misunderstanding or something was taken the wrong way, I'm not 100% sure what happened, but the result is that he does not speak to my parents or myself any more. It seems to have got blown out of all proportion, I used to see families on TV shows who had fallen out for decades over something seemingly trivial, and wonder how on earth that could happen.

Well, now I know. And while over the last year I have gradually come to accept that he does not want any contact with us, and in all probability he never will, it still hurts and I still find myself thinking about him on days like today and wondering how he is doing, and hoping that he will eventually want to get back in touch. He has recently removed me from his facebook list, so I guess it won't happen any time soon.

He is getting married soon, we think some time in April although we aren't sure. I really think he will end up regretting it if he doesn't have his family there to see him get married, but it is his choice at the end of the day. I just hope that he has a happy life, and I only want good things for him.

I just wish I understood what has driven him to do it, he must have his reasons but for the life of me I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment