Friday 16 July 2010

Catching Up Again

I haven't been on here for ages, mostly because I didn't have a google account until today and it was a real performance logging in without one... hopefully that is sorted now and I can go back to wittering on regularly, lol

Soooo... whats new?

I have started to venture out and about again after a difficult and painful Winter - I took time out from the coven from Samhain, and really just went into hibernation. At that time, I had to focus on just attending work - after being off sick I was in danger of disciplinary action and it was taking every bit of energy I had just to get to work every day and have no more time off. I am pleased to report that I was successful, and now have the breathing space I need, without the constant threat of formal action hanging over me.
With that in mind, I then looked at getting my social life back up and running a couple of months ago... working 5 days a week was not giving me enough time to recover over the weekend AND go out and enjoy myself as well, so for the last 4 or 5 weeks I have been working a compressed week. This means that I work longer days Monday to Thursday, then take Friday off as flexi. Although I now have to work 7am til about 5.30pm instead of 3.30pm, it really is worth it - a 3 day weekend is long enough to catch myself up and still have time to do something with my friends. My flexitime is looking healthier than it has done in years too, I am currently in credit for the first time in ages! So again, that give me some breathing space for those bad days where I really do have to go home early, and also for extra days off if I need them.

So over the last 5 or 6 weeks I have been going out and about again... I went to J's and LS's birthday camp, held at J's relatives farm - only stayed a couple of hours, but it was nice to see everyone and catch up a bit, and nice just to be out! I went to Pendle Witch camp for the day with SC, another good day seeing everyone and catching up, I didn't actually want to go home when JK came to pick us up lol. I've been back into circle for a Morrigan ritual, which was really good - gave me a good boost, and I am now seriously considering going back to the coven full time. There was the full moon fire party down by the docks, and of course there was PaganCon a couple of weeks ago. So I've been keeping fairly busy, but doing it all at a manageable level.

Earlier this year, I went to Luxor for a week with SC, MJ, JW, SS and TW. I had a fantastic week of rest and relaxation, I spent most of my days on the bar terrace by the Nile with my ipod and a book, and some mint tea, before going to the pool in the afternoons and having a swim. I did go on one trip down to Aswan and the temples of Edfu and Philae which was a really good day - the driver took us to his sisters house near Kom Ombo for our tea on the way back, whivh was really nice. In the evenings we would all meet up and go out for tea - either to El-Sahaby or Husseins in Karnak, and a couple of times to the Winter Palace where the guy who runs the shishka garden was delighted to see us again lol! It was exactly what I needed at the time, and i think now that holidays somewhere sunny where I can just chill out are the way forward. Next year, we are planning to go to Cancun!

So what else is happening? Well, tonight I am meant to be going and playing with poi at SC's place, although it is dependent on my getting a lift - I have absolutely no money this month after paying £145 to the emergency vet last week, when Vince came home with a swollen paw. I'm kind of tired, so I'm not all together bothered if I can't go, although if someone does offer to drive me then I will - and I will enjoy it anyway lol

The cats are doing well, apart from Vince's little mishap last week... the vet thinks he was stung by a wasp or hornet, so he has been on antibiotics all week. But other than that, they are fine - they are huge now, Howard is about 12lb and Vince is about 13lb, and really big builds. Vince is still the laid back one, and Howard is still the active one - they are both very sweet natured boys though, and it is lovely to see them doing so well.

I'm dieting again as well, lol, the long workdays actually make it easier cos I do tend to eat healthily at work! 2 weeks on and 5 lb down, so it's a start... if I can lose a stone by the Woodspirit camp next month I'll be happy with that.

Hmmm, think thats it for now - I have to go the shops, and let the cats out for the day... back later, I will try and keep the blog up now, see how long that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment