Monday 26 July 2010

Week off

I'm off work for a week, no particular reason other than I just haven't had more than a couple of days off since March and I felt like a break. I may spend my time doing something productive, like cleaning and tidying the house, sorting through my wardrobe, or getting around to all those little jobs i keep meaning to do like painting the front door, defrosting the freezer and planting some stuff in the yard.

Or I may do bugger all except play runescape and watch telly - either way is good!

I got my cable TV sorted this weekend as well, it broke down earlier in the week and I was not impressed... rang Virgin, and they gave me an appointment for 6 days time. So the next day I decided that it was time to look at switching to another provider, all I'm hearing lately is people complaining about Virgin and it was expensive - I was paying about £62 for my TV package, broadband and phone line. So I rang them again and spoke to someone in customer services - they have cut the price of my package by almost half, they got me an engineer out 2 days faster, and put a credit on my bill so next month I don't have to pay anything at all... but i keep all the same stuff I have now.
And that is why I will recommend Virgin to others over Sky or BT... I had huge problems with Sky when I was with them years ago, they kept putting me on their premium packages without telling me, kept charging me for things I wasn't getting from them, and when i tried to leave they kept 'losing' any record of my having given them my notice. It was a nightmare, and since then I have always said that I would never ever go back to them. And although BT have a similar kind of package deal, it is expensive and according to the people I know who have it, it is very limited and very unreliable. But although Virgin do seem to be having some issues lately, they have always been good to me, and have always been helpful - as long as you talk to the customer service people specifically, not the ones in outsourced contact centres. They even paid for my ethernet cable when I got a new computer with a different operating system - cost all of £3, but it was the gesture that impressed me.

So today I went up to George to buy some new clothes... came back with yet another pair of black leggings, a couple of tops and a dress that looked amazing on the hanger but I'm not too sure about it now I have tried it on - I really love the design, so I may just try wearing it with different things... it is clingier than i thought it would be and it makes me look 9 months pregnant! But with a long cardigan (and not on the first day of my period when i'm at my most bloated and puffy) it might look better. I would have bought more, but there seems to be an awful lot of black and grey around at the moment... apart from the dress I bought and one of the tops, everything else was grey - I hate grey and wouldn't be seen dead in it! The only splashes of colour in the store were either vivid orange or sodding PINK which is even worse! It does annoy me, there were loads of other things that would have been lovely if they were in a different colour - I like bright colours, no grey, brown, beige or pink, and I get so bored wearing black all the time. Ah well, maybe next season colour will be fashionable again!

Tomorrow if it is dry enough I will paint the front door... I have bought the paint already, I want a red door. But if it is damp (which i suspect it will be) then I will try and make a start clearing out my wardrobe, I know I have loads of clothes that I would wear regularly, if I could only find them! They must be buried in there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment