Sunday 18 July 2010

Handbag contents

I wonder why i feel the need to carry vast amounts of stuff around with me all the time? I'm sure I used to manage perfectly well with just pockets... Today I emptied my handbag out cos it was feeling a bit heavy, and this is what was in it....

Purse
House keys
Cigarettes and 2 lighters
Portable ashtray
Benadryl tablets
Paracetamol and Cocodamol
Sunglasses
Little drawstring bag of charms from various rituals
Belly dancing belt
Pair of poi
Body spray
Tax Credit renewal form
P60
Mobile phone
Hairbrush
Polos
Report from the vet
Plastic spoon
Bag of decorative coins (for sewing on to belly dancing belts)
2 little boxes of mixed tumblestones
Bottle of narcissus oil
12 make up items
Little mirror
Last weeks bus pass
Work ID badge
Silver bracelet
ipod
Rennies
£2.48 in loose change

Do I really have to cart all this stuff about with me every day? Thing is, my handbag looks small but it has Tardis-like properties... I can get all manner of shite in there and it will never fill up! At some point over the last 7 days I have used most of the above items, or come across some others and just dropped them in the bag until they surfaced again today (apart from the plastic spoon, I don't recall ever seeing it before!)

I have now taken most of the stuff out, I am at work for the next 4 days so I don't really need to have poi with me (unless I went out into the square at lunchtime and played with them... hmmm, thats a good idea!) and I am not gonna be doing any belly dancing or have any use for tumblestones. But it won't be long before the bag fills up again with more shite, there has to be a better way!

So what do I NEED on a daily basis? Well, on a workday I need my bus pass to get there, and my ID to get in the building. I need my house keys, and I need cigarettes and a lighter. I need my hairbrush, cos by the time I get to work it looks like I have a badly groomed yorkshire terrier on my head, and I need the narcissus oil so I smell nice. I also need my purse so I can buy things like milk, polos, cigarettes, etc. I also need painkillers just to get through the day.

But then I also take my breakfast and lunch to work with me, so thats a mullerlight, about 3 pieces of fruit, a sandwich, and a jar of coffee about once a fortnight. And when I buy milk and stuff on my way to work, I need somewhere to put it all... so I do need my handbag, and it has to be one that can hold a lot of things!

Hmmm, I don't think I'll be able to give up using one for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment